Monday, October 4, 2010

Craft Writes Part 3

In terms of my previous post I would like to look at Ashley again in terms of her successes. Fortunately, I can easily embrace the notion of learning to act as a reader and a writer. I am sure I am still acting as both now, but my skills are improving. I can sympathize with Ashley on how difficult it is to not be with your peers and know you are behind, and not see how you will catch-up. Having a teacher who encourages you for what you know or what you did do right on the test does improve your confidence and willingness to try again. When the teacher pointed out that you cannot say you are smart or you can do it is not enough in many situations. Trying to focus on the part that the student did understand or did absorb is extremely important. I am thankful for my first grade teacher who did that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment